Friday, April 13, 2012

Packed and ready to go.

I should be sleeping but I can't help that I'm restless.

Tyler gets off work at 11 and we drive north to Amicalola Falls, GA. Hopefully we'll make it there around 8 and have enough time for a solid nap before we head up the Approach Trail to Springer Mountain and the Appalachian Trail.

Everything is packed- the things I'll need on my trip and the things I can do without. I just did a bathroom scale weigh in and it looks like I'm carrying. 33lbs. Bruce will be carrying about 8. Not bad, but if I can shed a few pounds I'll be stoked.

Until then I'll be carrying this Behemoth.

-Nick

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nick! Good luck to all of you on the AT! You have very big cahoonas to be doing this, but I'm sure it'll be a great adventure that you'll always remember. Keep moving and enjoy the scenery! I'm looking forward to following and living vicariously through you by reading your blog. We love you!
    -Uncle Angel, Ileana, Julie, Mary, Dash & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Nick, it's your brother Ricky. Hey man so how about uploading a picture tonight of your gonna sleep. I hope the start of the trip hasn't been too painful and your muscles aren't completely shot already. Give us a post tonight if you can when you stop hiking for the day. Be Safe.

    ReplyDelete