Monday, March 12, 2012

First Post!

Hey everyone and welcome to my blog that I'm starting to keep in touch with my friends and family on my Appalachian Trail thru-hike!

What do I mean by Appalachian Trail thru-hike?

Well, the Appalachian Trail is an approximately 2184 mile footpath you can follow from Georgia to Maine. By "thru-hike" I mean that I will be making the journey in one continuous stretch.

The plan is for me and my dog, Bruce, to leave Tampa on April 14th so that we'll be hiking the approach trail from Amicalola Fall to Springer Mountain, GA on April 15th so that we can reach our destination at Katahdin, ME by the time they close access in mid October. I hope to be making regular updates to the blog along the way but obviously cell phone reception and battery life will be issues so I will make no promises about any posting schedule.

I'm still town so this post wont be filled with any exciting updates or scenic shots of nature, but instead just a few links.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has any questions or comments about the trip!

Appalachian Trail Wikipedia
Instagram for picture updates
Whiteblaze: An Appalachian Trail Resource
Email! NickSEspi@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment