Saturday, March 17, 2012

Running day 2!


Nothing to be ashamed of but lets see how much better I can get with a few weeks. I'm sore as hell right now and I def need to take tomorrow off and stretch better at the end of a run. On a more positive note its the same feeling I had when I rode so I know it's nothing new to my body. I wont be running on the trail but it'll be worth it for the better cardio for sure.

I'm gonna take tomorrow easy and just take Bruce for a short walk so that I'll be feeling ok on Monday. I'm going to try to take Mon & Tue to do this route around Citrus Hiking Trail with Bruce, condensed to a two day or maybe a two and a halfer if I feel like stretching it across another night and hiking in before work Wednesday. The elevation change will be great for practice but even then I'm planning big mile days to make up for fact that FL doesn't have anything to properly prepare you for the mountains. With it being as hot as it has been lately lets hope for some rain to keep things bearable.

The rest of the week is still up in the air depending on how I'm feeling and how much free time I have. I need to get all the loose ends tied up at work, have arrangements made for health insurance, order one or two more pieces of gear, and confirm my storage plans for all my stuff while I'm gone... and of course you gotta get paid. It'll be a busy but rewarding week.

28 days to go...
 -Nick and Bruce


No comments:

Post a Comment